nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Automatic sensor cleaning settings

Wordchipper

US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Wordchipper Registered since 12th Jan 2011
Wed 12-Jan-11 03:09 AM

I have a new Nikon D3100 and there are several options for the camera to do sensor cleaning. You can choose "clean at off and on" or just when you turn the camera on or when you turn it off. There is also a manual "clean now" option. My question is: After selecting the "clean after turn off or on.." or any of those automatic options, there is NO indication that the camera has accepted the selection and I feel there is no cleaning activity coming from the camera. The only option that works is "clean now" and then I can feel the camera going through the process. Why don't those other options show up on the menu as selected? What am I doing wrong?

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Automatic sensor cleaning settings nikon3100
12th Jan 2011
Reply message RE: Automatic sensor cleaning settings Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
12th Jan 2011
Reply message RE: Automatic sensor cleaning settings jpFoto
12th Jan 2011
     Reply message RE: Automatic sensor cleaning settings Wordchipper
13th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011
14th Jan 2011
14th Jan 2011
17th Jan 2011
17th Jan 2011
17th Jan 2011
13th Jan 2011

G