Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #309
View in linear mode

Subject: "T2 mount lens on Nikon d5000" Previous topic | Next topic
adrian1980 Registered since 20th Jun 2009Sat 20-Jun-09 01:33 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"T2 mount lens on Nikon d5000"

RO

T2 mount lens(Vivitar manual 500mm) on Nikon d5000 ,it is possible?

I allready buy an adaptor on e-bay.

It is safe?

How will be focus and exposure?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Tue 23-Jun-09 11:43 PM
26290 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: T2 mount lens on Nikon d5000"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

It is possible, but it's hardly worth the effort. This lens is worse than bad - it is literally the worst "lens" I've ever used, and not by a small amount. There are mediocre lenses, and then there are bad lenses - and this one is one of the latter.

It is safe, in that it won't harm the camera. (It will only harm the images.)

Exposure is 100% manual: turn the exposure mode to M, and then you are responsible for setting the appropriate shutter speed and ISO. (Aperture is fixed at f/8 on this lens, there is no diaphram or aperture control due to the reflex design.) It is not so tough to use the histogram to correct any error, although of course this is not so good in fast-moving situations.

Focus is 100% manual (it's not an AF lens). I find that this is quite difficult without an expensive aftermarket focusing screen (KatzEye with OptiBrite - $245). I can also assure you that the unsharp results I mentioned at the top are NOT the result of bad focus: nothing in the frame is sharp enough to look like it's in focus. I published some comparisons in this thread.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #309 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.