nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #304
View in linear mode

Subject: "Option super-wide/fish for D5000" Previous topic | Next topic
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   US  Nikonian since 27th May 2009 Tue 16-Jun-09 04:57 AM
2718 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Option super-wide/fish for D5000"

Hi to all.Got my Tokina 10-17 TODAY !; Very happy , but not so easy to use/get excllent results.Only manual focus ... learned that the camera's focus conformation lights up (when focus point is in focus).Focus point , as you know is moveable.Now for exposure ; with this type lens ... seems to over expose on matrix (I minus .07) or exposure is better (more right on) w/spot ... but spot is tricky for me,got to play w/ it a little more. Sharpness seems OK to quite good. I DID NOT DO SO WELL SHOOTING IN THE YARD ... FIRST 50 SHOTS W/IT... here's a couple of OK pic's ;

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   US  Nikonian since 27th May 2009 Sat 20-Jun-09 05:02 AM
2718 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Option super-wide/fish for D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

Few more photos. (Tomorrow I'm going to an outdoor car show.) ;

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography   Memphis, US  Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004 Sat 20-Jun-09 06:25 AM
10048 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Option super-wide/fish for D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

Very cool stuff! Fisheye lens have always peekd my curiosity but I have never owned one.

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy and congrats on your new lens!

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

Click on image to view larger version

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #304 Previous topic | Next topic