Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2980
View in linear mode

Subject: "Distorted image on LCD, D5000" Previous topic | Next topic
redfoot Registered since 08th Jul 2009Wed 22-Dec-10 04:42 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Distorted image on LCD, D5000"

Mesa, AZ, US

A few days ago I took a photo of a sunset and when previewing the shot noticed it looked like the sky colors had been done with water colors. The color transitions appear more as bands than as pixel by pixel transitions, they don't reproduce as the way it looked. I now see this sort of distortion in lots of shots but not in what goes to the memory card. What is stored is what it looked like when it was shot, just not so with the preview.

Do I have a defective LCD or have I selected some MENU setting I am not familial with? Anyone else ever had this problem?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

snapsh0t Registered since 30th Aug 2009Sat 25-Dec-10 06:30 AM
157 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Distorted image on LCD, D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

You're probably exceeding the brightness and/or contrast range of the LCD so it just does the best it can.

Jonathan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2980 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.