nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #2980
View in linear mode

Subject: "Distorted image on LCD, D5000" Previous topic | Next topic
redfoot   Mesa, AZ, US  Registered since 08th Jul 2009 Wed 22-Dec-10 04:42 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Distorted image on LCD, D5000"

A few days ago I took a photo of a sunset and when previewing the shot noticed it looked like the sky colors had been done with water colors. The color transitions appear more as bands than as pixel by pixel transitions, they don't reproduce as the way it looked. I now see this sort of distortion in lots of shots but not in what goes to the memory card. What is stored is what it looked like when it was shot, just not so with the preview.

Do I have a defective LCD or have I selected some MENU setting I am not familial with? Anyone else ever had this problem?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

snapsh0t   UK  Registered since 30th Aug 2009 Sat 25-Dec-10 06:30 AM
157 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Distorted image on LCD, D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

You're probably exceeding the brightness and/or contrast range of the LCD so it just does the best it can.

Jonathan

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #2980 Previous topic | Next topic