Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2970
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?" Previous topic | Next topic
nikon3100 Registered since 14th Dec 2010Sun 19-Dec-10 08:11 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"

PT

I see there were books for the 3000 and 5000 and was wondering if and when a "Mastering your...." book for the D3100 will be released.

D3100 with 18-55mm kit lens + 55-200mm Zoom

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?
DigitalDarrell Team Member
21st Dec 2010
nikon3100
23rd Dec 2010
brettric
27th Dec 2010
SouthernExposure
19th Feb 2011
jpFoto
21st Dec 2010
Chance575
30th Dec 2010
ALNeto
21st Feb 2011
DigitalDarrell Team Member
21st Feb 2011

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Charter MemberTue 21-Dec-10 07:52 PM
5926 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I am writing Mastering the Nikon D7000 at this time. I am not sure if there will be a Mastering the Nikon D3100. Is there enough interest and demand for the book?

Digital Darrell

nikon3100 Registered since 14th Dec 2010Thu 23-Dec-10 01:00 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 1

PT

>I am writing Mastering the Nikon D7000 at this time. I am not
>sure if there will be a Mastering the Nikon D3100. Is there
>enough interest and demand for the book?
Thanks for replying Darrell. I would imagine that the D3100 would be more popular than the D3000 was as it's so much better in many ways and gives it's bigger brothers a run for their money.

I'm hoping that the demand is there as I'd love to see a book for the D3100.

@jpFoto, I've seen the field guides on Amazon but though it looked a little too basic when I scanned through the "look inside" on Amazon. I purchased the "D3100 - From Snapshots to Great shots" in the meantime but haven't received it due to the weather playing havoc with deliveries.

D3100 with 18-55mm kit lens + 55-200mm Zoom

brettric Registered since 27th Dec 2010Mon 27-Dec-10 03:38 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>I am writing Mastering the Nikon D7000 at this time. I am not
>sure if there will be a Mastering the Nikon D3100. Is there
>enough interest and demand for the book?

I would put a check mark in the "would be interested" box.

SouthernExposure Registered since 03rd Feb 2011Sat 19-Feb-11 08:00 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Darrell,
I'm curious if you've made a decision on authoring "Mastering the Nikon D3100"? If so, can you please share? If it is a project already in progress I'd stick to library resources and wait to purchase your D3100 book. If it is something you've decided not to pursue then I would look for another author's book.

Thanks,
Don

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Tue 21-Dec-10 08:32 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 21-Dec-10 08:32 PM by jpFoto

US

I didn't want to post this until Darrell gave you an answer, but this fellow has written a field guide for the D3100. I don't know if it's available yet, and since I haven't read it, I cannot comment on the content, but you may want to look at it when it comes out.

Nikon Digital Field Guides by J. Dennis Thomas

Chance575 Registered since 30th Dec 2010Thu 30-Dec-10 04:45 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I would also be interested in a book.

ALNeto Registered since 14th Feb 2011Mon 21-Feb-11 05:30 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 0

BR

I'm will be interested too.

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Charter MemberMon 21-Feb-11 09:01 PM
5926 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Any release date for Mastering your D3100 book?"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Unfortunately, Mastering the Nikon D3000 has not done very well. I recognize that the D3100 is a more advanced camera; however, convincing a publishing company to produce a book when its predecessor did poorly is rather difficult. Other than self-publishing, it doesn't seem viable (at this time).

Digital Darrell

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2970 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.