Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2887
View in linear mode

Subject: "Discontinued camera D5000" Previous topic | Next topic
encantado Registered since 26th Nov 2010Mon 29-Nov-10 02:59 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Discontinued camera D5000"

Caracas, VE

I read at KenRockwell.com under D5000 Nikon article "As of November 2010, the D5000 seems to have been discontinued..."

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d5000.htm

Does anybody know something about it ?

Thank you,
Mario M.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 29-Nov-10 05:06 PM
25006 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Discontinued camera D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mario,

Welcome to Nikonians!
I wouldn't be surprised if the D5000 has been discontinued as the D3100 out performs it at a very similar price point.
The D5000 is still listed on the Nikon USA website but that doesn't mean very much. Nikons latest new product introductions have many scratching their head.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

grouper Registered since 07th Nov 2010Tue 30-Nov-10 01:31 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Discontinued camera D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I bouight mine when it came out and really enjoy using it but I was not pleased when I saw that, in fact, it has been discontinued.

Michael

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 30-Nov-10 03:35 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Discontinued camera D5000"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 30-Nov-10 03:38 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

There are many discontinued cameras still in use and they work as well as they always have. The majority of new lenses, and flashes should still work with your camera. My D70 has has no problem with new lenses or Speedlights.

Many discontinued Nikon dSLRs are still producing award winning images.

Continue to enjoy your camera.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Bluewaterhooker0 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jan 2009Sun 05-Dec-10 01:18 AM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Discontinued camera D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

Tampa, US

I'm new to Digital photography; 2-4 years, but very old to photography in general. If you plan to keep up with Nikon's latest, greatest, as many have been doing with computers for the past 15 or so years....you're gonna have one expensive hobby. In the old days, a good camera lasted for many years. You changed when it became impractical to repair. Just use it as intended, and perfect your technique. When your technique exceeds the equipment, replace.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2887 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.