Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2881
View in linear mode

Subject: "HDMI direct output" Previous topic | Next topic
bradscopegems Registered since 26th Nov 2010Fri 26-Nov-10 06:00 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"HDMI direct output"

GB

I want to put a Nikon camera on a microscope and be able to connect the HDMI socket directly to a monitor in order to see the image without any delay and this is essential for focussing the microscope and other purposes. I am told that no Olympus camera can do this (by their technical section) but I have heard that it can be done, even with the relatively low-cost Nikon D3100. Can anyone confirm this? Recording first to a card and then playing back after a delay is useless for this application. It is important to be able to do this e.g. for schools, to show the pupils the higher-than-video resolution image: normal PAL or NTSC video is capable of capturing only a tiny area of the eyepiece view in a microscope without losing information.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2881 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.