nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
rwfaust

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rwfaust Registered since 14th Nov 2010
Tue 16-Nov-10 08:14 PM

I purchased the D3100 thanks to the reviews on this site. It should be here any minute on the UPS truck. Needless to say, I can hardly wait.

About 10 years ago, I began to get interested in photography. I purchased the N80, SB-28, Manfrotto tripod, Bogen head, filters, etc…I played with the camera for about 2 years before it found it’s way into the closet and hasn’t been out since. I think my frustration with the amount of time from taking my photos and getting them developed to see my results may have played a part. The results inevitably were not what I envisioned while capturing the images. Hopefully this time will be much different. I have a little more patience now and technology allows almost instant feedback.

My question is…Will I be able to use the SB-28 with the D3100? If not, I will gladly take recommendations on a speedlight to accommodate the D3100. I am still a beginner. I will not be working in a studio in the foreseeable future. Most of my shots will be candids of my kids and wife, some portraits, and some nature.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

G