Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
rwfaust

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rwfaust Registered since 14th Nov 2010
Tue 16-Nov-10 09:14 PM

I purchased the D3100 thanks to the reviews on this site. It should be here any minute on the UPS truck. Needless to say, I can hardly wait.

About 10 years ago, I began to get interested in photography. I purchased the N80, SB-28, Manfrotto tripod, Bogen head, filters, etc…I played with the camera for about 2 years before it found it’s way into the closet and hasn’t been out since. I think my frustration with the amount of time from taking my photos and getting them developed to see my results may have played a part. The results inevitably were not what I envisioned while capturing the images. Hopefully this time will be much different. I have a little more patience now and technology allows almost instant feedback.

My question is…Will I be able to use the SB-28 with the D3100? If not, I will gladly take recommendations on a speedlight to accommodate the D3100. I am still a beginner. I will not be working in a studio in the foreseeable future. Most of my shots will be candids of my kids and wife, some portraits, and some nature.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

G