nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #2817
View in linear mode

Subject: "connecting to computer" Previous topic | Next topic
dlewis812 Registered since 15th Nov 2010Mon 15-Nov-10 04:13 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"connecting to computer"

US

apologies for newbie question and i'm sure answered somewhere but couldn't find.

cannot connect my D3000 to macbook pro. although do not have the cd, did download/install Nikon Transfer. when connect the USB nothing happens??

thanks

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 15-Nov-10 07:31 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: connecting to computer"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Have you read page 106 of your D3000 manual?

Are you connecting through a USB hub device?
If so, try a direct connection to a USB port on the computer.

Have you tried a different cable? Do not use a cable over 3 meters 3-1/2 feet.

Have you tried a card reader?

What OS version are you using?

Have you applied all the OS updates?

George
My Nikonian Galleries

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 15-Nov-10 07:59 PM
27235 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: connecting to computer"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi George,

>Have you tried a different cable? Do not use a cable over 3
>meters 3-1/2 feet.

3 meters = approx. 10 feet.
1 meter = 3'-3 3/8"
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 15-Nov-10 08:26 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: connecting to computer"
In response to Reply # 2

Chicago, US

Thanks.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #2817 Previous topic | Next topic