Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2804
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3100 tethered capture" Previous topic | Next topic
aeon_campbell Registered since 13th Nov 2010Sat 13-Nov-10 06:34 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3100 tethered capture"

AU

The D3100 is not supported by the Nikon SDK for tethered capture to the PC.
I was wondering what options I have to capture tethered, I have found some free versions on the web but only "Diyphotobits" worked for me, however not all options are present it this.
I haven't tried gPhoto yet although it works only on Linux.
TetherPro does not seem to support the D3100.

I wouldn't writing my own software if someone can point me in the right direction.

Rgds,
Aeon

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Giannisna Registered since 30th Sep 2011Fri 30-Sep-11 11:10 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3100 tethered capture"
In response to Reply # 0

GR

Check this for tethered capture with Nikon D3100 in LR 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc19NHBbKWU

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 03-Oct-11 04:59 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3100 tethered capture"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Have you contacted Nikon about downloading the SDK?

It maybe that the firmware in within the D3100 does not allow access to all the necessary control points for full control of the camera.

You might try TetherPro from The OxfordEye Photography.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2804 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.