Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #266
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pre-orders for RRS L-Plate" Previous topic | Next topic
ennbr Registered since 07th Feb 2009Mon 08-Jun-09 10:50 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Pre-orders for RRS L-Plate"

US

I thought this would be useful for other D5000 users I just put in my order. Really Right Stuff is now taking pre-orders for an L-Plate for the D5000. I've been looking for a manufacturer of L-plates for the last month or so and RRS is the only game in town thus far.

After talking with Kirk Photo two weeks ago they informed me they were not manufacturing an L-bracket only a bottom plate for the D5000.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Tue 09-Jun-09 01:57 PM
9557 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Pre-orders for RRS L-Plate"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Great info many thanks I am sure the D5000 users appreciate the info!

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

ennbr Registered since 07th Feb 2009Sun 05-Jul-09 12:43 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Pre-orders for RRS L-Plate"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Received an email Friday with tracking info I should have the RSS L-bracket early this week. Since this is actually an early prototype I'll post pictures showing fit on the D5000.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

thosmm Registered since 12th May 2009Fri 17-Jul-09 07:55 PM
77 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Pre-orders for RRS L-Plate"
In response to Reply # 2

Spring Hill, US

I ordered and received a DS5000 L-plate. I'm sold. The plate has extremely good machining, fits on the camera snugly, works perfectly with the B2-Pro II clamp I bought at the same time.

They shipped the same day I ordered and got it to me quickly for an event I have this weekend.

When I have the extra cash, it's going to RRS for a BH-40.

-TM-

Visit My webpage and gallery..

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #266 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.