nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2636
View in linear mode

Subject: "I Just Bought The Nikon D5000(EXCHANGED IT FOR A CANON ..." Previous topic | Next topic
stylesd Registered since 07th Oct 2010Thu 07-Oct-10 05:55 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I Just Bought The Nikon D5000(EXCHANGED IT FOR A CANON REBEL 500D) HELP"

US

i was very impressed the rebel canon but i was doing research on youtube and i just like the nikon videos better, maybe because it captures a little bit more frames.

I have a few problems with the Nikon Camera

if i buy a bigger SD Card (8 or 16gb) will i be able to record videos more longer than 5 minutes?

in the canon rebel while i was recording i can do an autofocus(focus on certain objects) but while im recording in the nikon d5000 i cant switch focus's...but as i watch on other youtube videos other people do it

example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suiB5Rq42XA

how am im able to do this feature?

while im recording in my room everything is fine on the lcd screen but when i upload it it has distorted lines. is there a way to get rid of this? i dont see it being a problem with other peoples videos
do i need to change my shutter speed?

ex.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYv2KFYYFkA&feature=related

I AM VERY NEW TO DSRL CAMERAS AS YOU CAN TELL LOL!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Screeper Registered since 25th Sep 2010Thu 07-Oct-10 10:21 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I Just Bought The Nikon D5000(EXCHANGED IT FOR A CANON REBEL 500D) HELP"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 07-Oct-10 10:28 AM by Screeper

ZA

Hi David, and welcome to Nikonians.

Not sure about the video on your D5000 but enjoy the camera anyway, it is a brilliant camera..

------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

gotrek99 Gold Member Nikonian since 12th May 2010Thu 07-Oct-10 02:31 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I Just Bought The Nikon D5000(EXCHANGED IT FOR A CANON REBEL 500D) HELP"
In response to Reply # 0

Huddersfield, UK

hi there. i too have a D5000. its a fantastic camera.
i got myself D5000 from snapshots to great shots. this has a chapter all about video. main thing wth it is you have to use manual focus when using video mode. and no matter what you do 5 minutes is the longest you can get.nikonians do a superb book too. not really done a lot of video but as a dslr it is a great camera.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2636 Previous topic | Next topic