nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #262
View in linear mode

Subject: "best memory card" Previous topic | Next topic
Pappy Registered since 13th Apr 2009Mon 08-Jun-09 08:30 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"best memory card"

US

What's the best (fastest) memory card for my D5000?

Also, has anyone else noticed that some memory cards seem to stick when you're trying to get them out?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DreamInducedHaze Registered since 08th May 2009Mon 08-Jun-09 08:50 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: best memory card"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 08-Jun-09 08:51 PM by DreamInducedHaze

US

I personally picked up one of these (in addition to an extra card I always keep in my bag in case I forget my first one in my card reader at home).

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Memory-Reader-TS16GSDHC6-S5W/dp/B0010Z28XG/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Generally, the number inside the circle is your speed gauge. (6 in this case.) Though I haven't done any burst shoots with my D5000, I have used this for video a few times and had nothing but stellar results. Reviewing the pictures on the LCD is quick as well.

I believe that "technically" this card is faster.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-EXTREME-III-SDSDX3-8192-Plastic/dp/B0018M256G/ref=pd_cp_p_1

But the other works just as well for what I need. Plus, I got a card reader with it.

Edit: Oh! My card seems to be a little difficult to pull out... I figured it was just Nikon's way of ensuring the card doesn't come out accidentally. It doesn't seem to be stuck on anything, just in there tightly.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 08-Jun-09 09:06 PM
26974 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: best memory card"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Nikonians!
The fastest SDHC cards available are the Sandisk Extreme III's.
They are extremely reliable as well.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #262 Previous topic | Next topic