nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

new guy in Montreal - I think I need a fast lens

Leskid

CA
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Leskid Registered since 12th Jul 2010
Mon 12-Jul-10 11:47 PM | edited Mon 12-Jul-10 11:52 PM by Leskid

Greetings, my fellow Nikonians
Being the proud new owner of a D5000, I found this place while googling for info.

After a lot of searching through old posts, I still can't find what I'm looking for so here goes:

I think I need a fast lens for my 2 desired applications (I am a motorcycle enthusiast)

1) sitting track-side at various curves and getting brilliant images of bikes as they come past me
2) mounting the D5000 with a vibration dampening setup on the tank of my bike to capture still images and even some video.

For application 1, I think I need a fast lens
For application 2, I was told to get a wide angle lens and set the focus to infinity so everything is in focus.

After some experimenting, methinks the 18-55 lens that came in the box isn't going to cut-it in either of these roles.

Any recommendations?

thanks in advance.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: new guy in Montreal - I think I need a fast lens blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
13th Jul 2010
Reply message RE: new guy in Montreal - I think I need a fast lens Leskid
13th Jul 2010
Reply message RE: new guy in Montreal - I think I need a fast lens JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
13th Jul 2010
13th Jul 2010
     Reply message RE: new guy in Montreal - I think I need a fast lens goz63
13th Jul 2010
13th Jul 2010

G