nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #2127
View in linear mode

Subject: "Remote Software, D3000, looking to run 'batch jobs'" Previous topic | Next topic
maficdan   US  Registered since 11th Jul 2010 Sun 11-Jul-10 07:33 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Remote Software, D3000, looking to run 'batch jobs'"

Hello All,

I am new to this forum as to Digital Photography. I bought a new D3000 this past Christmas and am quite pleased with the camera.

I enjoy doing night photos - taking the same pics with different settings. Is there a software package that would allow you to take a given amount of exposures with different settings? IE, I'd love to take 100 pics each with a different speed/aperture settings, etc. I want to set up the frame, hit 'go' and sit back and relax while the camera does what I want it to do.

Please forgive if this is a newbie question - I'm still getting my feet wet. I only discovered that there was remote software today, so I'm a bit excited.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas   US  Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007 Mon 12-Jul-10 04:07 PM
27455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Remote Software, D3000, looking to run 'batch jobs'"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Nikonians!
As far as I know, none of the Tethered software has that capability.
100 frames is a large number of images.
The higher end bodies have "Bracketing" capability, which will automatically change one of the shooting parameters providing a range of up to 9 images from underexposed to overexposed. A common use for bracketing is to capture an image with a Dynamic Range larger than the camera can capture with one image. You can combine the bracketed images using HDR (High Dynamic Range) software to create a single image incorporating the full dynamic range of the scene.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

gkaiseril Gold Member  Chicago, US  Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005 Mon 12-Jul-10 04:47 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Remote Software, D3000, looking to run 'batch jobs'"
In response to Reply # 0

It looks like Timelord by OxfordEye might perform this task.

The program was written by a fellow Nikonian and there is a discount for Silver, Gold, and Platinum members.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #2127 Previous topic | Next topic