Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2121
View in linear mode

Subject: "Warranty sheet with Serial Number" Previous topic | Next topic
Jim Mohundro Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2008Sat 10-Jul-10 04:07 AM
325 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Warranty sheet with Serial Number"

Seattle, US

One of my fellow Nikonians has attempted to return an unused D5000 to the reputable local dealer from which he purchased the camera within the last three months but the dealer will not accept the return without the serial numbered warranty sheet that came with the camera body. I'm fairly sure that Nikon packs its Nikkor lenses (with their 5-year warranties) with a serial-numbered warranty sheet, but I think that from some time ago Nikon no longer has included a specific serial numbered (the serial number of the camera body purchased) warranty sheet with the body but merely packs an unnumbered printed , generic proforma warranty sheet. I'm sure that's what I received when I purchased my D700 a couple of months ago (I remember needing to examine the camera body's body to find the serial number to register my purchase online.

What seems to be the current Nikon practice with camera body warranty materials packed with the bodies?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 10-Jul-10 05:00 AM
25573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Warranty sheet with Serial Number"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Jim,

Unless things have changed in the last 8 months you are correct. Nikon bodies come with the warranty written on a white sheet of paper that does not have a serial number written on it.
Most dealers accept returns a maximum of 30 days after the sale.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2121 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.