nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2070
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hello! " Previous topic | Next topic
furry1 Registered since 12th Dec 2008Sat 03-Jul-10 12:42 PM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Hello! "
Sat 03-Jul-10 12:42 PM by furry1

US

Not new to Nikonians but just upgraded from the D40 to D5000. It was waiting at the door for me when I got home from work last night. Between feeding the dog & cat, preparing supper, clean up, etc, etc. I tried to grab a few shots of flowers in our yard. Nothing spectacular, but I'm happy with the results. Just left it on auto. I'm hoping to sit down today, read over the manual and get familiar with the menus, etc.
I also purchased a new Nikon camera bag which came with a DVD - specifically for the D3000/D5000 - and it covered a lot of great basic info on the functions.
And, added a new Topram 16G class 10 memory card with reader.
Now I just need to get my head in gear, make some time and get out there! I'm on vacation this week but of course it is supposed to rain all week.

Wow! These are rather large. I did crop and resize so they would fit!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.suzcruzphotos.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberSat 03-Jul-10 10:57 PM
5954 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Hello! "
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I like the little pink and yellow flowers the best.

It's always fun to get new camera equipment (temporary NAS satisfaction). Congratulations on your new D5000. It's a great little camera!

Check out Mastering the Nikon D5000, from Nikonians Press:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=1971&mesg_id=1971&page=

How long have you been shooting DSLRs?

Digital Darrell

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 04-Jul-10 04:58 AM
26997 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Hello! "
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Suzette,

Congratulations on your new D5000!
Rain! Murphy's Law never fails!
Nice images!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great vacation.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

furry1 Registered since 12th Dec 2008Sun 04-Jul-10 05:42 PM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Hello! "
In response to Reply # 0

US

This camera is amazing. I'm working my way through Bryan Peterson's book Understanding Exposure(Revised Version)and using my D5000 to practice. I'm finding the book a great balance between just enough technical info yet light and interesting so I'm not getting bogged down.

www.suzcruzphotos.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2070 Previous topic | Next topic