Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
erika412 Registered since 23rd Jun 2010
Wed 23-Jun-10 04:02 AM | edited Wed 23-Jun-10 04:08 AM by erika412

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me.

We recently got a new N3000 with Nikkor 18-55 mm zoom VR image stablization lens.

It worked for 3 days. The problem is that while using auto, the picture will not take. We get the error meesage "Subject too dark" all the time, even in broad daylight while in auto. Looking through the viewfinder, it is very dark.

We called Nikon who said to bring the set to a Best Buy to test the camera with a different lens and test the lens with a different camera so we can see which one has the problem.

I did that and surprisingly, they both worked independently of each other, but when we put them back together, we got the same "subject is too dark" error message.

Nikon said to send both pieces back. I did and a few weeks later had them returned. Putting them back together had the exact same problem. I call back and the guy on the phone said it has to be the lens. And to only send the lens back. My camera is still there, but we got an email status stating "Clean and Check. Check all functions. No problem found, no redo."

I'm anticipating that when I get the lens back and put it with the camera, I will have the same problem.

Like I've said, the camera has only worked for three days. The people on the phone aren't helping at all. Can I take it to the repair place in Morton Grove IL and show them what is happening (I don't live far)? Can they fix it under warrantee with no cost to me?

I'm open to all suggestions. I just want a working camera. (it was bought on airline points miles btw and I don't know how returns work there, but I'm ready to send it back in.)

(I plan on learning manual and taking a class, but in the meantime, I do need auto working)

Reply message RE: Problems with new N3000