nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2006
View in linear mode

Subject: "Active-D lighting" Previous topic | Next topic
vindex1963 Registered since 27th Jan 2008Wed 23-Jun-10 01:15 AM
125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Active-D lighting"

Phoenix, US

I was wondering what setting everyone uses? I have read to set it at low so it shows up in Capture NX2 and then you can adjust. If you turn it off Capture will disable the feature. Some say it creates noise, blows out highlights. I've had mine set on "A" auto but have always noticed a little noise in the shadows in the higher ISOs.
Opinions?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Active-D lighting
vindex1963
24th Jun 2010
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
24th Jun 2010
vindex1963
24th Jun 2010
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
24th Jun 2010
vindex1963
24th Jun 2010

vindex1963 Registered since 27th Jan 2008Thu 24-Jun-10 03:24 AM
125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Active-D lighting"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

I've settled on low and Capture NX2 to change it if necessary.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 24-Jun-10 06:26 PM
52558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Active-D lighting"
In response to Reply # 1

East Frisia, DE

I normally use also "Low", but when shooting JPEG I use "Normal".

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

vindex1963 Registered since 27th Jan 2008Thu 24-Jun-10 07:48 PM
#3. "RE: Active-D lighting"
In response to Reply # 2

Phoenix, US

I shoot RAW 100% of the time.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 24-Jun-10 08:43 PM
52558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Active-D lighting"
In response to Reply # 3

East Frisia, DE

Then is "Low" the right decision

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

vindex1963 Registered since 27th Jan 2008Thu 24-Jun-10 09:43 PM
#5. "RE: Active-D lighting"
In response to Reply # 4

Phoenix, US

>Then is "Low" the right decision

From what I've read if you turn it off in camera you can't turn it on with NX2. I don't like the noise in the shadows on some photos so I've gone from auto to low so at least the option is there to use it PP.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2006 Previous topic | Next topic