nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1961
View in linear mode

Subject: "Exposure compensation" Previous topic | Next topic
jaybee Registered since 12th May 2003Thu 10-Jun-10 07:05 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Exposure compensation"
Thu 10-Jun-10 07:41 PM by jaybee

Delano, US

Any one with advice on this, please do so. I'm trying to find this so called "cursor". How does one get it to show on the LCD ?
Also when I do stumblem upon the Comp. thing ,I see it in the viewfinder, but it does not show on the monitor ? Any answers ?

What I'm trying to say is, when I try to increase or decrease the exposure comp. by moving the increment, it operates in the viewfinder, but doesn't operate in the monitor.
(Plus ,the "cursor" conundrum)

jaybee

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Exposure compensation
gkaiseril Gold Member
10th Jun 2010
jaybee
10th Jun 2010
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
10th Jun 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
10th Jun 2010
jaybee
10th Jun 2010
jaybee
11th Jun 2010
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
11th Jun 2010

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 10-Jun-10 09:16 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Exposure compensation"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 10-Jun-10 09:19 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Have you looked at page 76 of the D3000 manual?

You have to bring up the "Information display" and if the "Shooting Information" is not displayed, press the "I" button (magnifying glass). Now use the multi-selector up/down to move the cursor from the highlighted object, see page 12 of the D3000 manual, to the exposure compensation item and press the "OK" button. Now you use the up/down of the multi-selector to adjust the compensation and the "OK" button to set the selected value.

Actually the 'Highlighting' is the cursor. Even though the explanation of page 12 is for the camera menus, it applies to moving and selecting on any control screen.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

jaybee Registered since 12th May 2003Thu 10-Jun-10 10:23 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Exposure compensation"
In response to Reply # 0

Delano, US

gkaiseril, Thank you. There is no page 76 in the manual I got with the D3000, only goes to page 61. On page 12 0f this manual there are instructions for attaching a lens. ??? I will try to follow your instructions & see what happens. Jaybee

jaybee

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 10-Jun-10 10:33 PM
26977 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Exposure compensation"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Joseph,

Here is a link to a pdf version of the D5000 Users Manual
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 10-Jun-10 11:10 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Exposure compensation"
In response to Reply # 2

Chicago, US

That will teach me to download the PDF Reference manual and not the User Manual. You might want to download the reference manual. It is much larger and more detailed.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

jaybee Registered since 12th May 2003Thu 10-Jun-10 11:16 PM
#5. "RE: Exposure compensation"
In response to Reply # 4

Delano, US

George,....Yes, Marty sent me the PDF for it, but I still can't get the hang of it. Guess I'll just have to play with it some more.
Too many options for me yet. Thanks. Joe

jaybee

jaybee Registered since 12th May 2003Fri 11-Jun-10 12:02 AM
#6. "RE: Exposure compensation"
In response to Reply # 4

Delano, US

George, ...Give me my FM2 any day, minus the film & development
costs; but then again technology marches on.......J.

jaybee

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 11-Jun-10 05:11 PM
26977 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Exposure compensation"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Hi Joseph,

Keep at it and it will click!
Rome wasn't built in a day!
Good Luck and Enjoy your nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1961 Previous topic | Next topic