Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #195
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5000 enroute!" Previous topic | Next topic
SharkBreath Registered since 17th May 2009Mon 18-May-09 07:57 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5000 enroute!"

VG

Hello...I'm new to Nikon and the Nikonians. I've been a Canon user for many, many years. I was heavy into Canon SLR's then switched to dSLR's. Sadly I got burnt out with "chasing the lenses" and went to point & shoot. I know, I know...what was I thinking?

Having a need for more control I started searching for another dSLR. Something easy to use with manual control as needed. My budget was a big factor. After comparing Canon to Nikon...I made the switch.

Anyways, my D5000 will be here tomorrow. I settled on the kit with the 2 VR lenses. This should be a good start for me getting back into dSLR photography.

This is an amazing site. Tons of reference information. Thanks for having me!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

thosmm Registered since 12th May 2009Mon 18-May-09 11:30 PM
77 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5000 enroute!"
In response to Reply # 0

Spring Hill, US

I think you made a good choice in the D5000. I've had one now for three weeks and I love it. Like you, I've been using point and shoot cameras for a while, and it's nice to be able to 'point and shoot' when I want, though I'm spending more time already in A (aperture priority mode).

The nice thing about the kit zooms is that you get a wide range of focal lengths with only two lenses. It's not quite as convenient as a point and shoot superzoom or a single SLR superzoom, but it's a lot more convenient than a bag full of primes; and the two lenses are better optically than only one lense would be; so you won't be "chasing the lenses" anywhere as much. You may decide that you want one or more 'specialty' lenses, but they'll be your choice.

Regards!

Tom

Visit My webpage and gallery..

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Tue 19-May-09 06:11 AM
9801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D5000 enroute!"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Sounds like you got a great starter kit and congrats on the new D5000 it sounds like a fun DSLR for all!

Plus welcome to Nikonians hope to see you post often.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 23-May-09 05:21 AM
26750 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D5000 enroute!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi JD,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Congratulations on your new D5000 kit!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #195 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.