nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jzzdhillon

Melbourne, AU
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jzzdhillon Registered since 02nd Jun 2010
Wed 02-Jun-10 06:08 AM

Hi everyone,

I've just joined up to this forum. I've finally decided to move up from point and shoot cameras to the world of SLRs.

After a lot of reseacrh, I've finally decided that I will buy the D5000 in the next two weeks and I can't wait to get it and use it.

I am thinking of getting the below lens combo for the camera.

18-105mm VR
35mm f1.8G AF-S

I will be mainly using it for general holiday photography (people, buildings, sights etc) so the reason for the 18-105mm.

Also for low-light pics inside (restaurants, clubs etc) so the reason for the 35mm.

I've also heard the 16-85mm VR and 18-200mm VR are good general lens too. Should I stick to what my initial decision is or perhaps opt for the more expensive lenses.

Appreciate any advice/feedback.

James

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lens combo for D5000 blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
02nd Jun 2010
Reply message RE: Lens combo for D5000 MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
02nd Jun 2010
Reply message RE: Lens combo for D5000 yota265
03rd Jun 2010
     Reply message RE: Lens combo for D5000 jzzdhillon
16th Jun 2010
          Reply message RE: Lens combo for D5000 blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
16th Jun 2010

G