nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #1912
View in linear mode

Subject: "Burst Mode Speed" Previous topic | Next topic
mhaury Registered since 29th May 2010Sat 29-May-10 10:22 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Burst Mode Speed"

US

Hello All, I recently purchased a D5000 and am really pleased with the quality of the pictures! Being new to photography with anything other than point and shoot I am having to learn a lot of what I'm sure is commonplace to veteran photographers...but I'm getting there!
What I can't seem to figure out is how to get my burst mode to take photos at a speed faster than 1 per second. All of the reviews say that it should be able to take 4 per second. I purchased a SanDisk Extreme 4GB card capable of writing 30MB a second, but to no avail. Regardless of what I try I can only take 1 picture a second. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Burst Mode Speed
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
30th May 2010
scokill
30th May 2010
mhaury
31st May 2010
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
31st May 2010
wwt67 Silver Member
31st May 2010
mhaury
31st May 2010

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Sun 30-May-10 01:04 AM
26952 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Burst Mode Speed"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

There are a variety of options that reduce frame rate. One of them is shutter speed! Others: noise reduction, flash, red-eye reduction, exposure delay, etc. Also, are you sure you're set to Ch (continuous high speed)? (I don't know how to set a D5000, but it's on every other DSLR I've used.)

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

scokill Registered since 07th May 2010Sun 30-May-10 09:25 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Burst Mode Speed"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Make sure your release mode is set to continuous. I get 4 fps. As mentioned above there are factors that will slow this down considerably, focus being one of them. Camera won't shoot unless focused.

mhaury Registered since 29th May 2010Mon 31-May-10 12:16 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Burst Mode Speed"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks for the reply. It is in continuous mode when I shoot. I have tried using AUTO, AUTO with no flash, all of the manual settings, changing the picture sizes and quality. It still shoots 1 frame a second. I read here somewhere about a recall...did that have anything to do with this situation? I'll have to find that thread again. Still trying anything...

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Mon 31-May-10 02:24 PM
26952 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Burst Mode Speed"
In response to Reply # 3

Richmond, US

The recall has nothing to do with continuous mode.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010Mon 31-May-10 04:11 PM
346 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Burst Mode Speed"
In response to Reply # 3

Warsaw, US

Do you have Exposure Delay Mode turned on? See pg 159 of your manual. See pg 153 to see how to access the menu.
If this is on, turn it off.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mhaury Registered since 29th May 2010Mon 31-May-10 05:48 PM
#6. "RE: Burst Mode Speed"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Voila! That did the trick! Wow! It IS fast! Thanks wwt67!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #1912 Previous topic | Next topic