Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1911
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikkor 18-70 DX lens AF not working correctly." Previous topic | Next topic
bchristy613 Registered since 29th May 2010Sat 29-May-10 08:16 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikkor 18-70 DX lens AF not working correctly."

US

I got a refurbished d3000 that came with the 18-70 lens and the camera worked perfectly. The lens just recently started messing up. When using autofocus with any option you can think of, it will focus in to the subject then back out and it will stop when the subject is blurry. It will keep on toggling and I'm unable to take a shot most of the time, if it does happen to capture its usually blurry.. I can't figure out why it does this now and I tried changing some of my options but nothing has helped. My friend put it on his nikon and it did the same thing, and I used his lens and it worked fine so I know its just the lens.

Thanks for any help!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 30-May-10 02:25 AM
4211 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikkor 18-70 DX lens AF not working correctly."
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

The first and easy thing to check is the electrical contacts on the lens. They might need a little cleaning. Then make sure the lens is fully seated on the camera.

Since you have already done the lens/camera swap test, the lens probably needs to go to the shop for repairs. Then the question becomes, how close to the price of a new lens does the repair bill come?

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1911 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.