Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1873
View in linear mode

Subject: "My brand new Nikon D5000 on a test drive" Previous topic | Next topic
beyond_horizon Registered since 23rd May 2010Sun 23-May-10 08:42 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"My brand new Nikon D5000 on a test drive"
Sun 23-May-10 09:19 AM by beyond_horizon

Auckland, NZ

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the posts on this forum for quite sometime. Thanks for the contribution of the members for whom I could take the judicious decision of purchasing my DSLR. I am a recent proud owner of a Nikon D5000.

Yesterday we had a sparkling sunny day.

Me and my wife were leisurely spending our afternoon at a lookout point near the Airport. I also took my new Nikon D5000 for a test drive.

Took several picture of birds. Uploading two shots of two different species for your criticism, comments & suggestion.

Shot of one species

Shot of the other species

My Gallery :http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/15552

Cheers,

beyond_horizon

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 24-May-10 03:03 PM
25739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My brand new Nikon D5000 on a test drive"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Pankaj,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Congratulations on your new D5000!
Nice images!
Adding a little positive exposure compensation in the first image would bring out details in the shadows. The key is using enough Exp Comp to bring out the detail without blowing out the highlights (light areas) by using too much Exp Comp.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1873 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.