Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1849
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3000/Old Lens" Previous topic | Next topic
bmac4007 Registered since 20th May 2010Thu 20-May-10 11:15 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3000/Old Lens"

US

I recently purchased a D3000 and have three lenses I used with a Nikon FG. I am very much new to digital SLR photography. I can put the D3000 on the M setting and can take pictures but cannot determine if there is some type of meter in the view finder that will help me set the aperture correctly. The lens I'm attempting to use is a Nikon Series E 50mm 1:1.8. Hope my question makes sense. Thanks for any suggestions.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 21-May-10 12:04 AM
24986 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3000/Old Lens"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Nikonians!
The lenses will mount on the D3000 and will work in Manual exposure mode. However the light meter will not work. You can determine exposure by using the Sunny 16 Rule or by trial and error using the Histogram as a guide.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

bmac4007 Registered since 20th May 2010Fri 21-May-10 12:18 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3000/Old Lens"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks for the response. Makes me feel better that I wasn't overlooking something. I will probably invest in a new lens soon.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1849 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.