nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Newbie needs lenses advice for D3000

californiagal

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
californiagal Registered since 10th May 2010
Mon 10-May-10 09:34 PM

Hello everyone,

I just got my new D3000 a month ago and it came with the standard 18-55 lens which I'm very happy with. I'm still in the learning stages with my camera and am just about now experimenting with other settings beyond AUTO!!!!

My 8 year old son plays a lot of soccer and I find that my 18-55 lens does not give me enough zoom capability on the soccer field so I'm looking to buy another lens. I definitely am on a budget so screening my choices very carefully.

From the research I've been doing it seems like the Nikon 55-200($220 on Amazon) and the 18-250 would be good options but any other suggestions...? Besides the Nikon I was also looking at Tamron lenses(just becoz they are cheaper) but it seems like they dont have VR which I'd really like. I am so far satisfied with my manual autofocus but would like for a AF-S or built in auto focus lenses which I'm hoping I can use if I upgrade in the future.

I really would appreciate your advice on what lens I can buy, also are used lenses in a good condition on sites like BHphots video a good idea....?

Thanks a lot!

Anita

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Newbie needs lenses advice for D3000

G