nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Newbie needs lenses advice for D3000

californiagal

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
californiagal Registered since 10th May 2010
Mon 10-May-10 09:34 PM

Hello everyone,

I just got my new D3000 a month ago and it came with the standard 18-55 lens which I'm very happy with. I'm still in the learning stages with my camera and am just about now experimenting with other settings beyond AUTO!!!!

My 8 year old son plays a lot of soccer and I find that my 18-55 lens does not give me enough zoom capability on the soccer field so I'm looking to buy another lens. I definitely am on a budget so screening my choices very carefully.

From the research I've been doing it seems like the Nikon 55-200($220 on Amazon) and the 18-250 would be good options but any other suggestions...? Besides the Nikon I was also looking at Tamron lenses(just becoz they are cheaper) but it seems like they dont have VR which I'd really like. I am so far satisfied with my manual autofocus but would like for a AF-S or built in auto focus lenses which I'm hoping I can use if I upgrade in the future.

I really would appreciate your advice on what lens I can buy, also are used lenses in a good condition on sites like BHphots video a good idea....?

Thanks a lot!

Anita

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Newbie needs lenses advice for D3000

G