Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1773
View in linear mode

Subject: "bands of noise" Previous topic | Next topic
Klaus Von Vonski Registered since 06th May 2010Thu 06-May-10 01:29 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"bands of noise"

CA

Hi Ho, wondering if anyone can shed light on something my D5000 is doing. On random shots, I am getting consecutive banding, top to bottom, usually in dark shadows or on even tone fields of colour (blue sky). Magnified, they are jaggy, uneven lines of pixels. Otherwise camera seems to work fine. Anyone else experience this or know of a fix/reason etc? Thanks in advance.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 06-May-10 04:54 PM
50691 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: bands of noise"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Can you see it on the camera-display or just on your computer ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Klaus Von Vonski Registered since 06th May 2010Fri 07-May-10 12:21 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: bands of noise"
In response to Reply # 1

CA

I see it on the final image in computer

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 07-May-10 02:27 PM
50691 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: bands of noise"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

It could be that your memory card is not OK.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

pgwenlan Registered since 27th Apr 2010Sat 08-May-10 01:01 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: bands of noise"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

I sometimes get that depending on how I read the SD card on the computer - using a decicated SDHC card reader shows no problems, but using the internal card reader sometimes does.....

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1773 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.