Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1765
View in linear mode

Subject: "IR photography with D3000 w/Hoya Filter" Previous topic | Next topic
tonyr_d3000 Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2010Tue 04-May-10 04:52 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"IR photography with D3000 w/Hoya Filter"

Little Rock AFB, US

Has anyone here used the Hoya filter on the D3000 or D5000 to take IR photos? I know they won't turn out quite the same as modding a camera to do it, but I would just like to see if it is something that I might like to try. If you have any examples of what you have taken and would like to post, that would be helpful.
Thanks,
Tony

23+ yrs USAF
"Doin' it for God and country"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 06-May-10 06:10 PM
50025 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: IR photography with D3000 w/Hoya Filter"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Sorry, I have no personal experience. But I heard that the Hoya R72 filter will give you good results/images.

P.S. Please read our Terms of Use and remove your "Amazon" link.

Thank you.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

tonyr_d3000 Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2010Fri 07-May-10 04:20 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: IR photography with D3000 w/Hoya Filter"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri 07-May-10 04:29 PM by tonyr_d3000

Little Rock AFB, US

Sorry about the link to an Amazon list. Wasn't thinking when I did it, just trying to make it easier on me.

23+ yrs USAF
"Doin' it for God and country"

Artrous Registered since 04th Jan 2010Sat 08-May-10 05:38 AM
111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: IR photography with D3000 w/Hoya Filter"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 08-May-10 12:39 PM by Artrous

Covington, US

Tony,

I have used both the CoolPix E8700 & a D3000 with the Hoya R72. The CoolPix rendered IR in Purple, Black & White. The D3000, on the other hand, renders thing sin Sepia, Gray & White. I'll make another post once I get a chance to grab my HDD.

I have found feeding the IR images through Photo Shop helps immensely.

Brian Schletty
World Traveler

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1765 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.