nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1752
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will Older lens work on the D5000" Previous topic | Next topic
erlalx Registered since 02nd May 2010Sun 02-May-10 09:58 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Will Older lens work on the D5000"

US

My first post. If I get the above mentioned camera, will the lens I have used on my film camera(Nikon FG)fit and work on the 5000? They are Sigma HS zoom, 80-200, Nikura auto zoom, 28-80 and the nikon 50mm AF Nikkor that came with the FG.

Thanks for any replies.

Earl

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 02-May-10 10:16 PM
52418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Will Older lens work on the D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Hi Earl,

Welcome to Nikonians

The old lenses will not really work. No Autofocus and no metering.

Here is a list of compatible lenses:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=37&mesg_id=37&page=

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

erlalx Registered since 02nd May 2010Sun 02-May-10 10:25 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Will Older lens work on the D5000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Gerold, Your answer is about what I expected. I really havent made up my mind yet on which camera I will go with. Probably either the Nikon D5000 or the Canon 7D.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 02-May-10 10:44 PM
52418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Will Older lens work on the D5000"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

I would think more about the D90

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

avigar Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2006Mon 03-May-10 02:16 AM
486 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Will Older lens work on the D5000"
In response to Reply # 3

Northern IL, US

Pass on the D5000 and go for the D90 instead. It should work with most of your older Nikon lenses.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1752 Previous topic | Next topic