nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kind of disappointed with auto ISO and flash on d5000

OffBeat

US
611 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
OffBeat Registered since 08th May 2003
Sat 01-May-10 02:49 AM

Picked up a used d5000 as part of a light carry kit and have been enjoying it so far, great little camera. I am kind of disappointed though that I can't leave auto ISO function on while using flash like other Nikon bodies where the ISO will stay at what ever you had set as base ISO. With either pop up or speedlight attached I get what ever I had set as upper limit for auto ISO in dim light most of the time. I just have to remember to turn off auto ISO when I know I am going to use flash in dim light. The trouble with that is it seems the older I get the more I tend to over look things these days. I do really like using auto ISO for most of what I shoot. If anyone has a work around that I may had over looked it would be great to learn.
Regards, Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kind of disappointed with auto ISO and flash on d50...

G