nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1734
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can rear LCD be turned off when flipped on d5000" Previous topic | Next topic
OffBeat Registered since 08th May 2003Fri 30-Apr-10 01:56 AM
611 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Can rear LCD be turned off when flipped on d5000"

US

Checked the manual and looked through the menu and couldn't find out if it were possible to turn off the rear LCD when flipped around into the viewing position. It can be turned off with a push of the "info" button but if you take a photo or even focus on a subject as soon as you take your finger off the shutter release button the rear LCD lights back up again. Trying to figure out if I can turn it off. Thanks for any info you can pass my way!
Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Fri 30-Apr-10 05:21 AM
4896 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Can rear LCD be turned off when flipped on d5000"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 30-Apr-10 05:29 AM by JosephK

Seattle, WA, US

Half-pressing the shutter release will turn it off.

Take a look at the C2 setting for the auto-off timers. There is a "custom" feature that might get you close to where you want to be.

My D70S and D200 have a setting to just turn off the auto-display, but the D5000 seems to not have that option from what I can see from the manual.

---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

OffBeat Registered since 08th May 2003Sat 01-May-10 03:22 AM
611 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Can rear LCD be turned off when flipped on d5000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks, Joseph. Looks like they might have not included that feature as the screen can be tucked back against the camera body. Nice little camera, just learning the features.
Thanks again, Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1734 Previous topic | Next topic