Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1635
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5000 Slow Shutter Speed Help" Previous topic | Next topic
graceoutcast Registered since 11th Apr 2010Sun 11-Apr-10 07:50 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5000 Slow Shutter Speed Help"
Sun 11-Apr-10 07:56 PM by graceoutcast

US

I am having a problem with my D5000. It has worked fine before but now it's extremely sluggish for every shot whether I am in continuous mode or any standard auto/manual mode.

Pictures taken: 8600
Long Exp. NR = Off
High ISO NR = Off
Quiet Mode = Off
Quality = Fine L
2 button reset = yes
full reset = yes

I have tried 3 lenses, 3 SD cards, and every ISO/speed/mode possible yet the pictures are shooting as if I have it set on 1.5 second shots. It is still showing a 13 in the buffer.

Any ideas?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Sun 11-Apr-10 09:54 PM
3053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5000 Slow Shutter Speed Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

Do images look OK or are they blurred like you would get from a slow shutter speed? I would have thought that a reset would have turned this off, but do you have exposure delay set to on?

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

graceoutcast Registered since 11th Apr 2010Sun 11-Apr-10 11:06 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D5000 Slow Shutter Speed Help"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Wow!

One would thing a reset would have the "exposer delay" turned "Off" but I guess not. Thanks So very much. I went through every single setting and page of the manual to no avail.

Thanks again!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1635 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.