nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5000 Raw format color problems

wwt67

Warsaw, US
352 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010
Sun 11-Apr-10 03:31 AM

Newbie here with a D5000 and 70-200 f2.8 VR lens. I was out shooting birds the other day (with the camera) and I was capturing in RAW format for the first time. I started off with the 70-200 by itself and then added a 1.7 teleconverter. After down loading the pics I noticed the colors looked fair to good from the lens only pics. Most of the pics with the teleconverter had horrible colors. For example, whites were blown out and the green grass looked lime green.
It was a sunny day and I was taking pictures of ducks on a lake. The water color was way off also. The camera was set to P mode with ISO 400, auto WB, ADL auto, center weighted metering and dynamic focus mode.
Is this somewhat normal for RAW capture or is this a problem with using a teleconverter? How can I correct this?

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D5000 Raw format color problems JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
11th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: D5000 Raw format color problems wwt67 Silver Member
11th Apr 2010
     Reply message RE: D5000 Raw format color problems JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
11th Apr 2010
12th Apr 2010
12th Apr 2010
12th Apr 2010
                         Reply message RE: D5000 Raw format color problems gkaiseril Gold Member
14th Apr 2010
14th Apr 2010

G