nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Defoe

US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Defoe Registered since 10th Apr 2010
Sat 10-Apr-10 04:45 AM

I am about to enter the DSLR age and despite reading a gazillion articles on my two options i decided to join here and ask for (i hope) some impartial advice.

I cannot make my mind up whether to buy:

D5000
Rebel T1I

From what i have read should i be worried about the alleged poor low light shooting capabilities of the D5000?

Am i correct that there is no autofocus in Manual mode? and should this worry me?

Should i opt for a body only D5000 and then add the Nikon Telephoto Zoom AF-S DX VR IF-ED Zoom-Nikkor Lens rather than the packaged deal that is on offer of the D5000 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens.

Any feedback on the above would be most welcome.

Regards,

Defoe

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required
Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required

G