nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Defoe

US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Defoe Registered since 10th Apr 2010
Sat 10-Apr-10 04:45 AM

I am about to enter the DSLR age and despite reading a gazillion articles on my two options i decided to join here and ask for (i hope) some impartial advice.

I cannot make my mind up whether to buy:

D5000
Rebel T1I

From what i have read should i be worried about the alleged poor low light shooting capabilities of the D5000?

Am i correct that there is no autofocus in Manual mode? and should this worry me?

Should i opt for a body only D5000 and then add the Nikon Telephoto Zoom AF-S DX VR IF-ED Zoom-Nikkor Lens rather than the packaged deal that is on offer of the D5000 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens.

Any feedback on the above would be most welcome.

Regards,

Defoe

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required WD4MLA Silver Member
10th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required aolander Silver Member
10th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
11th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required bigfeet
11th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required Len Shepherd Gold Member
11th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required Defoe
12th Apr 2010
     Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
12th Apr 2010
     Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required bigfeet
12th Apr 2010
     Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required Defoe
12th Apr 2010
     Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
12th Apr 2010
Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
12th Apr 2010
13th Apr 2010
13th Apr 2010
          Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required Defoe
13th Apr 2010
14th Apr 2010
               Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
14th Apr 2010
14th Apr 2010
                         Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
14th Apr 2010
14th Apr 2010
14th Apr 2010
15th Apr 2010
15th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required pologuy
26th Apr 2010
26th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required pologuy
26th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Impartial Advice Required bigfeet
26th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
26th Apr 2010
26th Apr 2010
27th Apr 2010
27th Apr 2010
27th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
27th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
27th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required WD4MLA Silver Member
27th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
27th Apr 2010
27th Apr 2010
28th Apr 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Imartial Advice Required scokill
08th May 2010

G