Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1608
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is my lens compatible with D3000" Previous topic | Next topic
loontoon Registered since 06th Apr 2010Tue 06-Apr-10 11:11 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Is my lens compatible with D3000"

US

I have an old Nikon 4004 (sorry).
It is equipped with an AF Nikkor 35-105 Zoom.
I just want to know if this lens is compatible with any of the new digital SLR's? (D3000/D5000, etc) If I can use this lens, I could afford to by a new SLR. Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 07-Apr-10 12:17 AM
26651 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Is my lens compatible with D3000"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

It is compatible, in that it will mount, meter and take pictures. It is not compatible in the sense that it will not AF on those bodies.

Moreover, it will behave more like it's a 50-160mm zoom, due to the smaller sensor in the D3000/5000.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

loontoon Registered since 06th Apr 2010Fri 09-Apr-10 05:49 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Is my lens compatible with D3000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thank you very much.
I can live without the AF if the lens will work without it.
I appreciate your response.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 09-Apr-10 09:11 PM
50701 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Is my lens compatible with D3000"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

Just for info,

here is a list of fully compatible lenses with the D3000:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=37&mesg_id=37&page=

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1608 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.