nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Advice - Sharper Pictures in Low Light

Fshine

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Fshine Registered since 04th Apr 2010
Sun 04-Apr-10 05:15 AM

Hi,

I recently got a D5000 as an excuse to take pics of our new puppy. I am using the stock 18-55mm lens that ships with the camera and have been relatively pleased with the results. However, one of my goals is to get sharp photos indoors during the day and during action (i.e. puppy playing) and with natural lighting, if possible. It’s pretty clear to me that the f/5.6 on the lens I’m using isn’t going to produce the image quality I’m looking for indoors, nor does it allow me to freeze action to the level I’d like unless the conditions are ideal. (translation: bright sunshine outdoors) I was debating what the best solution might be to this – a new/different lens, a quality flash, etc.? I also have the Nikkor 55-200mm f/5.6 lens as well, so if a new lens is the route to go, I’d prefer to find one that can essentially replace both of these. Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,
Fshine

G