Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1572
View in linear mode

Subject: "Download Photos from Card to Computer" Previous topic | Next topic
tlbeas42 Registered since 19th Mar 2010Wed 31-Mar-10 12:30 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Download Photos from Card to Computer"

US

I am a new user of the Nikon D3000 camera. I am having difficulty transferring pictures from the memory card to the computer. Using the USB port, I can transfer successfully. When I remove the card from the camera and insert it into the card reader on the computer using a 4GB card, I come up with the error I/O Device Error. However, when I use a 512KB card, the operation is correct. I have tried several different 4GB cards, two different card readers, two different computers with the same results each time. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 31-Mar-10 01:46 PM
51237 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Download Photos from Card to Computer"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Nikonians

To use a 4GB card with a card reader or other device, the reader have to support SDHC.

See also page 167 in your manual.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

gpsmikey Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2009Thu 01-Apr-10 03:29 AM
418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Download Photos from Card to Computer"
In response to Reply # 0

Kirkland,WA, US

I basically ran into the same issue - I swapped out my old internal card reader (that would take 20 minutes to read 4 gigs from my CF card) to less than a minute with the new reader supporting the UDMA of the CF card. It is the same basic issue with the new SD cards. I have been happy with the internal AFT PRO-35U card reader -- seems to take everything I pop in it nicely.

mikey

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1572 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.