nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with D5000 Eyepiece/Eyecup

Ramesses

US
2035 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ramesses Registered since 29th Mar 2007
Wed 24-Mar-10 04:56 PM

Hi:

I have been looking high and low to replace the DK-24 Eyepiece that comes with the D5K, which I do not like. I have mounted the Hoodman 22mm square mount (the one I used to have for the D300) and it is great with a minor problem . It is so big that it partly blocks the LCD and fixes it in place. In other words, I no longer have a vari-tilt LCD. However, it is nothing that I miss not having.

I also need a magnifying eyepiece. My diopter adjustment is at its maximum and my vision, well…not what it used to be. I just got the DK-17M (1.3X round mount) with the DK-22 adapter. People in the internet said that it would work. Well, it didn’t. The DK-22 (square to round mount) is designed for the DG2 (2X magnifying eyepiece, only.) The DK-17M ended up in my D700 with the rubber eyecup DK-19 that I already had. It is great since I can MF using the focusing screen, only. I do not know how it would affect the already 95% view in the viewfinder, though. Therefore, I'm back to square one.

These eyepieces/eyecups are great, specially the new setup with the D700 and the Hoodman 22mm square-mount, because they provide a pressure point to stabilize the camera and prevent the light seepage that the standard eyecup usually allows.

I still need a better eyepiece/eyecup for the D5K hopefully with a 1.3x magnifier. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hektor

A Nikonian in Kemet

My Blog: Hektors Blog
My Photo Album: Hektors Photos

G