Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1447
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lenses" Previous topic | Next topic
ttfuller Registered since 13th Mar 2010Sun 14-Mar-10 09:56 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Lenses"

Palestine, US

Can the lenses I have for my N60 work on the digital cameras? My current lenses are a Sigma 28-80mm D, and a Tameron 80-210 CF, TELE, Macro Lense. I am looking at a D5000, with F mount. will this work?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Mon 15-Mar-10 01:58 AM
26791 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Lenses"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

They'll work, in that they will meter and take pictures. However, they won't auto focus, because those lenses require that the camera's motor drive the focus. Unfortunately the D5000 doesn't have a focus motor - its design relies on a motor in the lens, which these don't have either.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

ttfuller Registered since 13th Mar 2010Mon 15-Mar-10 06:04 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Lenses"
In response to Reply # 1

Palestine, US

Thank you for the response, it was very helpful in answering my question. I also very much enjoyed your gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1447 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.