Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1382
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5000 camera" Previous topic | Next topic
conlo Registered since 24th Feb 2010Thu 25-Feb-10 06:27 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5000 camera"

US

What I want to do is setup the camera in MANUAL MODE. When I take the picture, I want it displayed on the LCD along with the black and white HISTOGRAM(not RGB). I then want to adjust both the shutter speed and the f stop on that same screen . I know I can go to the OVERVIEW and that will display the histogram, where I can adjust the shutter speed and f stop, but then I have to take another picture to see the results. I am quite sure it can be done. I think I had it one time, but forgot how I did it. In other words, take a picture, see the image on the display with the histogram, adjust with the command dial.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 25-Feb-10 06:51 PM
25017 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5000 camera"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Conrad,

If you want to use the histogram to change your aperture and or shutter speed to tweak an exposure you must change the settings and capture anther image.
If you want to modify the image that you just captured in camera you must use the Retouch menu. See pages 174-189 in the D5000 Users Manual.
You can also use Live View but there won't be a histogram displayed.
See pages 41-46 in the D5000 Users Manual.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1382 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.