nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

2 things to try to improve image record

Larry E30

US
2755 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Fri 19-Feb-10 06:16 PM

I'm constantly on the hunt to better nail highest quality out of this camera(D5000).

1. When on "A" mode , try "sunny day" on white balance.

Still - the best range of exposure-for brighter colors and exposure
in darker areas(say the grass,bushes,and shadow areas-in a scene that has some sky)...seems to be (for me),to use the dial atop the
camera...

2. When on Dial modes,(say no flash or Landscape)...where the apperature comes up at an auto size (say 5.6),and you wanted a smaller apperature - for more inclusive DOF ;
try ;I up my ISO.
This gives a smaller auto apperature (say f11).
Keep in mind with this "baby"(D5000),I can get awesome low to no noise images to ISO 2000.

Note ! in #2 , say I'm useing my 55-200...I want/demand smaller
apperature.Because I get VERY disappointed when there is not enough
DOF,which I mostly want.
Though not nessary - I consider f/16 to be my base apperature for my 55-200.

Do you have some fun secrets to share for 'best quality images out of this camera'(D5000 or similar D3000)? !?

Another thing for poss. better images ; before I download - I go through all the images recorded to see if any IN CAMERA TOUCH UP will help.

And the last thing I know is ; once they are on the computer ;
DO NOT under-estimate the POWER of these programs we use,
to correct and adjust AND convert these images.(say ;to B+W,
or Artcy etc.)

This camera is able , now-if I could just work together with it...

Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G