Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1243
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eye-Fi Cards" Previous topic | Next topic
Edjunior Registered since 30th Dec 2009Wed 27-Jan-10 12:01 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Eye-Fi Cards"

US

Has anyone used the Eye-Fi Cards with their cameras? I have two of the old original 2GB cards that work very well. And I tested it with my D5000 and found it to work as well. Now there's a new card out, and wondering if anyone has any opinions, experience, etc., with it.

http://www.eye.fi/products/prox2?postTabs=0

Ed

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jpc2764 Registered since 08th Mar 2007Fri 19-Feb-10 10:58 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Eye-Fi Cards"
In response to Reply # 0

plains, US

hi ed. i'm new to digital photography. i bought a D5000 2 weeks ago. i was wondering what a eye-fi card is, and what can i do with it? thanks jeff

Edjunior Registered since 30th Dec 2009Mon 22-Feb-10 11:49 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Eye-Fi Cards"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>hi ed. i'm new to digital photography. i bought a D5000 2
>weeks ago. i was wondering what a eye-fi card is, and what can
>i do with it? thanks jeff

Hi Jeff, welcome. An Eye-Fi card is just a SD storage card. But, it has a tiny Wi-Fi deal in it that will download your photos right out of your camera directly to a Wi-Fi hotspot, or to your computer. I have it set up to download to my computer, and then go over the network to a storage place on another computer. You can also set it up to go directly to your favorite on-line photo place (photobucket, etc.). You never have to remove the card from the camera this way. It really works great, but it is kinda expensive. It's a neat little gadget though.

Ed

jpc2764 Registered since 08th Mar 2007Tue 23-Feb-10 02:06 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Eye-Fi Cards"
In response to Reply # 2

plains, US

thanks for replying ed. the things they come up with. what will they invent next? i can't wait. have a great day . jeff

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1243 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.