Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #123
View in linear mode

Subject: "This is informative" Previous topic | Next topic
Michael Green Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2008Fri 17-Apr-09 02:53 PM
287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"This is informative"

Stamford, CT, US

I just stumbled on this from the NYTimes site.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/technology/personaltech/16pogue.html?ex=1255492800&en=da88eeff5de666e7&ei=5087&WT.mc_id=TE-D-I-NYT-MOD-MOD-M093-ROS-0409-L1&WT.mc_ev=click

MKG

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Fri 17-Apr-09 03:37 PM
1958 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: This is informative"
In response to Reply # 0

NL

Fantastic!!!

… "a feature list in search of a camera" … from what I've heard and read, that describes quite a few C***n's, not just the SX1.

Thanks for posting that link!

— LaDonna

sylvesterii Registered since 02nd Sep 2008Fri 17-Apr-09 07:48 PM
338 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: This is informative"
In response to Reply # 0

St. Paul, US

Interesting article, albeit pretty unfair to Canon. The author really can't compare the D5K to canon's super zoom point and shoot. that would be like comparing the new 500D (Rebel T-something or other) to Nikons (i think) P90.

I guess the new Canon is still larger than the D40 or D5K, but the article makes it sound like Canon doesn't have a sensor that could even come close to competing with the D5K. If I was in charge of Canon's marketing and PR people, there would be some things being thrown around our office right now!

----
jan.
paigejulia.blogspot.com

My Nikonians Gallery

Noel Holland Platinum Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Charter MemberSat 18-Apr-09 10:01 AM
2171 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: This is informative"
In response to Reply # 2

TH

>albeit pretty unfair to Canon

Yes, I'd agree with that. I suppose the original concept for the article was to show the merging margins between the smaller DSLR and the larger P&S. From that respect the P&S would always be expected to win on features and die on image quality, which is pretty much what the reviewer said - you can't change the laws of physics. I might have been fairer though if they had reviewed offerings from the same manufacturer. We'd be spitting nails right now if they reversed the comparison and tried to compare a Coolpix to a Digital Rebel.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #123 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.