nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1210
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anybody use auto-bracketing on a D5000?" Previous topic | Next topic
rectangularimage Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Oct 2009Fri 15-Jan-10 11:58 PM
1116 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anybody use auto-bracketing on a D5000?"

San Diego, US

How do you like it (the auto-bracketing)? From what I've read it seems somewhat limited, but I've never used an auto-bracketing camera, so I don't know. I'm thinking of upgrading (D40) and auto-bracketing is one of the features I want.

...Mike

My website | My Nikonians gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

phantomsailor Registered since 03rd Oct 2009Sat 16-Jan-10 03:11 AM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anybody use auto-bracketing on a D5000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Norwich, US

It took me a few tries to get it to work. Set up isn't described as well as it could be in the manual. BUT, once u understand it it works very well.

No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen.
Minor White
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

caspar76 Registered since 08th Jan 2010Sat 23-Jan-10 09:14 AM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Anybody use auto-bracketing on a D5000?"
In response to Reply # 0

JP

The D5000 has three auto-bracket modes.
1) Auto Exposure Bracketing (most people are familiar with this one)
2) White Balance Bracketing
3) Active D-lighting Bracketing

Not to difficult to figure what each does if you understand the concept of bracketing.

They all seem to work pretty good on my D5000.

bigfeet Registered since 02nd Apr 2010Fri 02-Apr-10 11:44 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anybody use auto-bracketing on a D5000?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

bracketing on the d5000 is pretty easy to turn on and off. you can set the function button to take you directly to the setting or just use the
"I" button and scroll down.

I use it all the time and really like it. tricky part is setting how much bracketing you want but i have found the more contrasty the subject the more latitude you need to give.

I shoot stage productions and have found 2/3 stop to be about right. Also, bracketing has created shots I would have never taken. Cropping comes in handy then.

Some issues with bracketing--
Continuous shooting is limited to 3 shots. Thats so you always know where you are in the cycle -- and you should always shoot all 3.

You have 3 times as many shots to rummage through later. I just went to a play and had over 400 to deal with.

You have 3 times the noise. Not loudness but length.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1210 Previous topic | Next topic