Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1139
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shutter Priority and ISO" Previous topic | Next topic
bruak Registered since 01st Jan 2010Wed 06-Jan-10 07:18 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Shutter Priority and ISO"

Bonney Lake, US

I've noticed when I take a photo set to shutter priority then download and check image properties on PSE7 it does not record ISO rating. How do I check image properties on the camera to determine if it's a camera or PSE7 issue?
Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 06-Jan-10 07:54 PM
25013 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Shutter Priority and ISO"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 06-Jan-10 07:55 PM by MEMcD

US

Hi Bruce,

The ISO should be in the file. Download Opanda IExif 2.3 available free at www.opanda.com and open a jpeg created in the camera with IExif 2.3. It should show the ISO.
You can also check the image data in the camera. See page 116-121 in the D5000 Users Manual.
If you modify the file in PSE7 and put it back on the card, the camera will not be able to see the image.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

bruak Registered since 01st Jan 2010Wed 06-Jan-10 08:27 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Shutter Priority and ISO"
In response to Reply # 1

Bonney Lake, US

Thanks for the link Marty. Can't wait to tryout the software.
Bruce

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

alanbreck Registered since 29th Dec 2009Fri 08-Jan-10 12:59 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Shutter Priority and ISO"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri 08-Jan-10 01:05 AM by alanbreck

US

I have had problems with the D5000 dropping ISO from the EXIF from time to time. Still have not been able to nail down exactly what settings trigger the problem, but I have found it to happen more commonly when using a flash. I have not really tried to figure it out yet, as it has been more of a minor annoyance than anything else.

BTW, I am using Adobe Elements Organizer 8 to view EXIF. Also, I almost always shoot in Aperture priority.

ETA: While we're mentioning D5000 firmware bugs, I also experience the JPEG file timestamp periodically setting the file time as UTC, and not the UTC-5 that I have programmed into the settings menu. Makes for stupid results when sorting your pics by date on the computer. Again, a minor annoyance since I am very happy with the quality of images that come off the D5000.

jimrosengarth.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1139 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.