nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is this camera good for concert photos?

april1965

CA
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
april1965 Registered since 26th Dec 2009
Tue 29-Dec-09 01:47 PM

I just received a Nikon D5000 for Christmas(yes I must have been a very good girl this year!) The information on the lens it came with is a Nikkor AF-5 DX 18-55 mm, F/3.5 - 5.6 G VR DX For Digital.

I am very, very new to the photography world and do not plan on becoming a pro. Basically all I want is really nice pics of my kids, grandson, family etc. I also attend a lot of concerts and even though I am usually in the first 5 rows or so my concert pics come out grainy, blurry etc. I love my concerts and want good memories of them which is one of the reasons I asked Santa for a digital SLR.

I have read the concert/nightclub page but because I am new to everything I don't understand a lot of it. What I would like to know is if I am sitting fairly close to the stage will this lens/camera be good for getting really nice concert shots at indoor concert venues?

Please note that I am aware of the camera restriction policy at a lot of venues but most of the venues/concerts I go to do allow cameras.

Also on a side note: I have been thinking of purchasing the Nikon D5000 for Dummies book. Would any of you recommend it? Again I will need something that is really easy to follow as I am totally new at this.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is this camera good for concert photos?

G