nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can anybody offer advice for my D5000? Thanks!

moxyman

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
moxyman Registered since 28th Dec 2009
Mon 28-Dec-09 04:46 PM

Hey everyone! What a GREAT website! I am new to SLR cameras, and am already learning a lot from this site. I was wondering if you all wouldn’t mind sharing some of your advice with me. I got the Nikon D5000 for Christmas with the 15-55, and 55 -200 VR lens from Costco. I would really like to get the most out of this camera and hope that I will be able to add to collection of “digital art” with it. I mostly take portrait, and landscape shots in a photojournalism style. So with that said…

Is these the lenes you would recommend? I hear the 70-300 is a “must have” as is the SB600 speedlight. I was also told to get clear lens covers, and uv filters… all of which if still in the process of reading about. Basically since I am a beginner to all of this I am hoping some of you could point me in the right direction as far as accessories I should get, or what attachments would make my end results best. Just remember im still learning so I may not understand all the terminology.

Thanks!
Jason )

G